Wednesday, April 25, 2012

~April 23, 2012~


Hello Everyone!!

How are you all doing this week? Well, it has been another great week here at Temple Square! I wanted to share with you that I get to stay with my wonderful companion for another 6 weeks! How lucky am I?

Well, Thursday was a day full of miracles. The biggest ones happened within the first few hours of the day! So, I received a voicemail from a lady who called in and said, " I would really like to learn more about Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. Please call me as soon as possible." Well, I did just that!

We called her on Wednesday night and she was busy so we made an appointment to call the next day. When we called on Thursday she told us that the missionaries had come over to her house. We explained to her that we did not send them because we had not talked to her yet and that they had been inspired by God to go to her house and visit her. Well, we taught her and committed her to baptism right away. She accepted and also accepted to go to church this Sunday! She was supposed to have met with the missionaries last night so I will keep you updated on what happens! But, I just know she is so prepared!

Well, then we hang up the phone and find this other lady who has investigated the church before but her husband didn't approve. Well, within the last two years she has lost her husband her daughter (he left, not sure about the daughter) and really her life has been out of control. So, she just moved and wanted to find good people who could help her get back on track. The amazing thing is that she has grown up Baptist and everyone has told her that Mormon's are bad and what not but she can't believe it. So, we called her and taught her right away. She also committed to baptism and we even told her about the word of wisdom it is a commandment from God to not smoke. She then asked, "Will you help me to quit because I really want to but it is really hard."

I was so humbled at that moment and said, "Yes, we will do all we can to help you." It is amazing to me that people are so prepared by the Lord to receive His gospel! And that they turn to us to help with things that are really hard to do.

I know that there is no way we could do anything that we do without the help of the Lord and His Holy Spirit. I feel amazed to know that I represent Jesus Christ and that right now I am His hands. I strive everyday to do the best I can to fulfill that role and calling that I have been given. I want you all to know that the Lord is mindful of you and if you ever wonder if that is true please get on your knees and ask Him, He will answer! Have a great week and keep smiling!

Love you all!

Love always,

Sister Armstrong

On a side note: Sister Armstrong is still serving as a District  Leader for a bit. She is enjoying training and having the leadership opportunity at Temple Square. She has not (as of yet) had her second mission call. Hopefully, her mission plaque (in the PV Ward) has been ordered as there has been some delay :) in getting it up with the other missionaries of our ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment