Wednesday, January 16, 2013

~January 16, 2013~


Hello Everyone!!!!!

How has your week been? I hope it has been just fantastic!!!! This week has been chalk full of miracles. I really do feel blessed to be a missionary on Temple Square where everyday you see so many miracles!!!

So, miracle number one: I met a man named Mark December 2011. We taught him one lesson and sent him the missionaries and then could never get in touch with him again. I would try and call periodically and would never get him. Then right before I went to Texas I felt very strongly that I should call and then he called back but I could not understand his message and so I would call back he would leave a message I couldn't hear/understand and it went on like this until I left. So, the other night I was going through the people I need to call and I saw his name and I immediately called him and ....... he answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I explained who I was and asked if he remembered and he said "of course!" then he said "Elizabeth I feel that I should give you my new address" (because he had obviously moved) and then I asked if he wanted to meet with missionaries and he said yes! Then he told me that he thought it strange that I was calling him because he was thinking of me and my old companion just the night before. We talked a little longer and I set a return apt with him and he also told me that since we haven't been talking that he has been doing research and he feels that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!!!! I could not believe it! After all this time! And how I always felt that I should not get rid of his information! Okay really quickly miracle number two: A lady called to get a free Bible and so we were talking and I found out she is from Texas and then we really got to talking.

Well, then i asked her if there was anyone in her life that needed a good message of Christ and she told me of her friend Curtis (oh and don't worry she accepted to meet with missionaries as well and we will be calling her and teaching her :)) and told me to call him and so I did and we talked for a little while and I taught him about the Book of Mormon and he said that he wants to learn more about the church!!!!! That is right! Can you believe that?! God is real and so many miracles come when you and your companion are obedient and work hard! I love being a missionary with all my heart and I love sharing the gospel! Just like Mosiah 2:41 says " And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a  state of neverending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true, for the Lord God hath spoken it." I hope you all have a great week and keep smiling because life it too short not to!

Love Always,

Sister Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment