Thursday, August 9, 2012

~August 9, 2012~


Hello Everyone!!

I hope that you have all had a great week! This week has been another busy one on Temple Square! But Sister Lee and I are still trucking along, doing our best to save China! I have so many miracles that I want to share with you! I think that three stand out the most.

First, I don't know if I have talked about our investigator Austin before but he is someone that we have been teaching every once in a while. So, we teach him and it is the best lesson ever and then we call him for a while and then he stops answering the phone so then we keep texting and eventually he says we can call again. This is the cycle that we have been in with him for a while. Well, this is because he will tell his other church friends about us and what we are teaching and they tell him that it is a cult and that he should not be talking to us. So, he gets confused and frustrated. I just love him and his little family so much!

Well, we got a hold of him the other day and you won't believe it they are actually moving to Texas today!!!!!! Why is this a good thing you ask? Well, this is the perfect time for them to meet with missionaries and read the Book of Mormon without the influence of their friends. He promised me that he would meet with missionaries once they move to Texas! I am so excited and know that as we continually make an effort to never give up on anyone that God will provide a way!

Okay miracle #2: We took around 8 Chinese that were just studying in Seattle and were on vacation! Totally meant to be! At the end they all took a Book of Mormon and I was able to bear my testimony and invite them to read and pray. They accepted and we taught them how to pray right on the spot! They made sure they knew the steps of prayer and thanked us for everything. The Spirit was so strong and I knew that God was preparing them. I know with all my heart that this gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I would give anything for all of China to know it and to know God and Jesus Christ.

Miracle #3: Since there are no missionaries in China we cannot call them and teach them over the phone. But, just yesterday we met a Chinese woman that was studying in America and wants to learn more. At first she wasn't sure about meeting with missionaries and so we talked a little more and she told me she grew up in the States and that she was Catholic and I told her that I was too! She instantly let her wall down and she agreed to let us teach her more over the phone! I know that I was meant to meet her! She said she wants and needs to get back in touch with God. She was so sweet and we are so excited to start teaching her!

Brother and Sisters I promise you that no matter what you are going through in your life at this time that God is aware of you. He knows exactly what is going on and Christ knows exactly how you feel. How great is it to know that the two greatest beings know you and care about you. Have faith and trust that everything will work out! Love you all! Keep smiling!

Love Always,

Sister Armstrong- Currently from China! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment