Monday, October 15, 2012

~October 15, 2012~


Hello Everyone!!!

How are you all doing? Well, I am in TEXAS!!!! This is a very interesting place. Because San Antonio is not what I think of when I think of Texas. But, it is a great place that needs lots of tender loving care! We have so much work to do here it is not even funny. I am in a trio which means I have two other companions and they are great! I never thought a trio could work out so well but it has! So, there are many miracles that I could share with you but I think I want to share one about a family that is not so active in the church. So, we went to see the mom (who is single parent) and there was a lot of commotion going on in the house and what not but then things became really calm and the Spirit was there. We were talking about how sometimes we just have so many trials happening in our lives and it seems as though it happens the worst when we are trying to do what is right.
 
We shared with her 2 Nephi 2:11:

For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

Life has its challenges but we have to know the bad to know the good and vice versa. We have to have both sides to be able to make a choice.

Well, something that this lady was worried about was that her eldest son would never listen to what we have to say or come back to church.

Then...the miracle...he walked into the house and someone we convinced him to stay and he did and we taught him and he agreed to let us come back and teach him again! Is that a miracle or what?! I could not believe what was happening! And you would have thought that he wasn't being sincere but he truly was he told us that he has been really pondering lately if there really is a God. And he shared about how he used to go to church and he felt good there. It was amazing. There is a lot of work to be done but I know that it can be done with diligence and obedience to the Lord's commandments. Hope you all have a great week and I will type at you next week!!

Love Always,

Sister Armstrong

My Address for letters(only):
1441 Contour Dr. #933
San Antonio, TX 78212

Packages should be sent to:
Texas San Antonio Mission
404 E Ramsey Rd. Ste. 105
San Antonio, TX 78216-4665

No comments:

Post a Comment