Monday, May 7, 2012

~May 7, 2012~


Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing? I hope that this week is going well for you! Well, the miracle that I want to share with you today is about a man named Taylor. Taylor lives in Montana and actually has been taught my sister missionaries on Temple Square for a long time.

Well, right before Sister Brickley and I became companions she started teaching him again. Well, in the last 8 weeks he has gone from a really depressed and anxious person to a happy and excited about life and the gospel person! And because of how the gospel can really change us from the inside out he has been changed. He has set a date to be baptized on the 28th of April but when we called he told us that he didn't go through with his interview and that he was going to get baptized the next week.

Well, we called him two Friday's ago and he said that he was actually going to start over with the missionaries. We were so confused and didn't know what had happened. So, we just felt that we would exercise our faith and trust that the Elders knew what to do and we prayed really hard. Well, we called him on the next day to see how it went with the missionaries and come to find out he told us that he had is Baptismal Interview! We could not believe our ears! He also said that he would get baptized on May 5 at 3pm!

Well, low and behold he did get baptized and was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on May 6th! This gospel is so true and I feel so blessed to have been apart of Taylor's life and see him completely change into the person he is now. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of His children and that He cares for our individual needs. He will never ever give up on us and so we should never give up on His children or Him. I hope you all have a great week and that you keep smiling because even though the world can be sad and depressing there is so much good all around if we just take a look around!

Love always,

Sister Armstrong

On a side note, Sister Armstrong wrote:

Something that I didn't mention is that tomorrow is the end of week two of this transfer and there have already been 13 baptisms in our Zone!!! How incredible is that?! 13 baptisms in two weeks! The Lord is really pouring out His blessings on us. I know that as we are obedient and faithful and continue to do His work, His way and with much diligence that we will see so many more blessings! I think of this scripture:

D&C 18: 10 Remember the aworth of bsouls is great in the sight of God;

 11 For, behold, the Lord your aRedeemer suffered bdeath in the flesh; wherefore he csuffered the dpain of all men, that all men might repent and ecome unto him.

 12 And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of brepentance.

 13 And how great is his ajoy in the bsoul that crepenteth!

 14 Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.

 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!
 17 Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my asalvation.

It is so true! The joy that I feel when someone that we have had the opportunity to teach and to come to know and love makes a covenant with their Father in Heaven and the has the opportunity for eternal life, can not be described! So, just imagine the joy of 13! I know that more and more people are starting to find the Gospel and it is just a matter of time before the whole world knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment