Tuesday, September 25, 2012

~September 25, 2012~


Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing? I hope this week has treated you well! I have a miracle that I want to share with you about Fred! So, Fred is our investigator who is Jewish but then turned Christian and now claims to be Catholic but feels something special about the LDS church. He is quite the hoot! So, when we taught him this week we talked about a lot of things that he was concerned about and at the end he just made a side comment says, "Well who knows maybe I will be baptized before I finish the Book of Mormon"! And then he made another one that went like this,"Well, maybe when I get baptized and am a member of the church..." Holy Cow!
 
We kept feeling like it was not time to give him a date for baptism and then this last week we found out why! He told us that he feels that we have really invited him to come closer to Jesus Christ and that we don't just want him to get baptized. Which is true we really want him to come closer to Jesus Christ. I know that baptism is and essential step to eternal life but that is not why I am on mission. I am here to invite others to come unto Christ and if they choose to get baptized because of that then I have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Fred also went to church and found the missionaries! Of course there was traffic and so he didn't actually get to stay for church but he is bound and determined to do it this Sunday!

I wanted to share with you all the challenge that my mission president gave to us this week! It is that we will read 6 pages of the Book of Mormon everyday and mark different things in it. Well, I want to extend the invitation for you to read 6 pages of the Book of Mormon everyday and mark all the references to the God head in it! I know that as you do this that you will see just how amazing and true the Book of Mormon is and just how much it compliments the Bible. The Book of Mormon is truly the word of God and the only way that you can know this for yourself is if you read, ponder and pray.

I hope you all have a great week!

Love Always,

Sister Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment