Monday, December 3, 2012

~December 3, 2012~


Hello Everyone!!

How was your week? Full of miracles I presume :) Well, this week has been pretty full of miracles as well! Our investigator Michael has had some amazing transformations! So, he went to church last week for the first time-which I think I told you- well we had a lesson with him the Tuesday after and he said that church was a life changing experience for him. He then looked me in the eye and said "I now have no doubts that everything that you have told me is true."  I definitely had tears in my eyes! He then said that he was getting rid of his cigarettes and coffee and tattoo magazines. Mind you this man is 69 years old. Then we made a trip to the temple and had a lesson there and he was blown away by the feelings he had there and the knowledge that he and his wife that passed away 5 years ago can be married forever. Well, when we got to the temple we found that he had taken out his earings and trimmed his beard!! Holy cow! Then he told that he had done what he said and flushed the cigarettes and coffee down the toilet! Then we saw him at church yesterday and he showed up in a white shirt and tie and are you ready for this...
 
HE PAID HIS TITHING! He is not even baptized yet but he is so ready as soon as we can teach him everything! I know that I came to Texas for Michael I know that he was someone that I was meant to find and teach! He told us that he has been completely changed and he never thought this would happen. The faith that he has followed for 50 years, they do this thing where they study other religions and so he thought that is what this would be that he would just hear what we had to say and then move on with his life but then we told him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and no one has ever said anything like that to him before and so he did and he got a very profound answer.
 
I know with all my heart that this is truly Jesus Christs'church. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet to restore this church to the earth again. I know that families can be together forever and I know that my Savior lives and loves me as He does all of you! Hope you all have a great week and keep smiling.
Also I forgot to tell you that 9 of the less actives that we are working with came to church yesterday!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Love you all!!!
Love,
Sister Armstrong
PS check out the new mormon.org/christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment